Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lamp Shade Recover

This lamp shade has been looking worse and worse every day
Not only is it dusty
and every attempt to wipe it clean just made it look dingier and dingier
I punctured a small hole in one side while cleaning it..


So, since necessity is the mother of invention
and I have looked all over for a fun lace lamp shade 
I decided to make one out of an old shirt.
(I know its hard to imagine I could part with this beauty
circa 1995.)



I cut the inner fabric layer out


and slid the entire shirt over the lamp shade


I cut away the top and bottom and hot glued it to the inside of the shade
then took a black ribbon and covered the seams on the inside






I love lamp! 










3 comments:

  1. That looks great! Perfect idea :-)

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Saw this featured at Tatertots & Jello and can't believe that you made it from an old shirt. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out really looking fab! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete