Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »
Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 23, 2010

Baby Food

I wanted to try and make the girls baby food, not only to save money but also so that they could have fresh organic fruits and vegetables. So, far its not too bad. My first attempt was bananas

I just use a small Kitchen Aid Food Processor and it works great


add a little water and blend, pour into ice cube trays
I found these great ones with lids to prevent freezer burn


put it in a plastic freezer bag and label, throw into my organized freezer bins
yes..I know..this is where I go a little over the top..



I used self adhesive dry erase sheets to make a baby food log
so I would always know what I had on hand



with a little tray to keep the dry erase re-usable labels and markers on hand..
OCD! and I love it!
Since then I have made sweet potatoes, zucchini, pears, peaches, plums,
avocado, peas, beans, and cantaloupe.
Any other suggestions of baby food ideas??


No comments:

Post a Comment