Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »
Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 1, 2010

Amazing

God's Word never  fails to amaze me.
Especially since I have been away from it for a while.

Ever since the girls were born my devotions and prayers have very simply been
"GOD GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO MAKE IT THROUGH TODAY"

we still attend church weekly but now sit in the back with friends that have babies
while taking care of two of our own
very fun and entertaining at times
but I still feel spiritually empty when I leave...

This emptiness has been reflected in many areas of my life
Snapping at Russ
Exhausted with the girls needs
Over emotional
and the list goes on...

After a *complicated* (to say the least :) delivery
many sleepless nights (and days)
the mental and physical energy needed in caring for two babies
we are just now starting to find a balance...
its been a LONG road 

The most important thing we noticed was missing?
G.O.D
when did we start putting him last?
how do I have time to facebook, chat on the phone, do laundry
but no time to spend in prayer?

So Russ and I spent each night this weekend
in bed
reading out of God's Word
and it felt SO good!

We read Mark 9:30-10:12 and this just JUMPED out at me
"Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first,
he must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Now that I am home with two littles it is very easy to get wrapped up in myself
and forget that the reason I am on this earth
is to SERVE
 to put others needs before my own

It was like God was telling me..
"Ok..now its time to put me first again..put others first.."
its the key to not walking through life feeling empty.

and to also make my weekend great
Russ brought me these beautiful flowers
I love this man!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment