Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Scrumptious Strawberry Pie

 I have been using my 5 Ingredients or Less cookbook a lot lately.
(or less..I know! could it be better than less than 5 Ingredients..)
Summer is a busy time and I need easy, practical, meals
I have been trying to plan out each week all of the meals (and any other 
food we may be taking to a picnic or party) to try and do all of my grocery
shopping on one or two days during the week. With the girls many times I need to make 
an extra trip for another gallon of milk or some fruit, but I feel like overall taking the time
to plan this is a HUGE money and time saver. And although I am a great planner, 
organizing meals has always been hard for me! But in the spirit of growth :)
I am making an effort every Friday to type or write up a list of groceries to get Sat 
and then Wed (if I need to) So far so good.

We had this pie last night and it was amazing
Russ has been raving about it and it literally could not be easier to make. 

Ingredients:
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
5 T lemon juice
12 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
(my grocery store sells 8 or 16oz, I bought the 16oz used roughly 3/4 and have extra whipped cream for my iced coffee )
1 qt. strawberries, hulled and sliced
9-inch pie crust, baked

Blend milk and lemon juice together until thick, fold in whipped topping. Add strawberries; stir gently. Spread in pie crust; refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Makes 8 servings. 

(if I was bringing this to a party I would leave a few strawberries aside for a garnish on top) 











 

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing. I completely agree about 5 ingredient recipes. If your ingredients are well chosen, the meal will turn out amazing. Excellent meal planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm featuring this tomorrow at womenwhodoitall.blogspot.com

    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete