Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thing One Thing Two Birthday Party

Ok this post is so overdue
We will pretend its in honor of the girls 2 1/2 year birthday
but really this was six months ago..
gasp..oh well..I was pregnant! 

So here are the party details


I bought Thing One and Thing Two shirts on ebay. I made the tutus out of red ribbon and tulle
 (I semi jokingly tell Russ that I am going to incorporate a tutu into every birthday party until the girls make me stop) 
And I took adult red and white striped knee socks from the dollar store and cut off the feet. 

I used Dr Seuss flash cards that I scored at a garage sale for 50 cents last summer, cut them on the diagonal and glued them to a ribbon. I added colored balloons




I had a table set up for gifts with some Dr Seuss books that we had and
the "Horton Hears a Hoo" elephant 


I found all of the Dr Seuss food ideas from people more creative than me online. 
We had green eggs (deviled eggs with green food coloring), and ham (ham and cheese sandwiches)
one fish, two fish (gold fish) pink ink drink (pink lemonade) oodles of  noodles (pasta salad) truffela fruits (fruit salad)  yertle turtles (caramel pretzel turtles), and thing one and thing two cupcakes 





napkins wrap printables from the Dr Seuss website 




Thing Three even came to the party! 


and thankfully it was a 70 degree day in October and all the kids just played outside


we just let the girls go barefoot, eat their cupcakes, and then 
just hosed them off at the end! 
It was such a fun day! 

The party favors were Dr Seuss reusable gift bags (from the $1.00 section at Target)
printable Dr Seuss coloring pages and crayons and colored popcorn in bags with this label. 


No comments:

Post a Comment