Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kitchen Tile Back splash

We really wanted a glass and stone tile back splash for our kitchen
to help us get that homey look
We found the perfect tile at HOBO
and bought just one sheet to start matching paint 
see the details about paint shopping here
Then once the tile had gone on sale 30% we went back and bought
the rest of the tile we needed (HOBO will price match any sales
with in 30 days so we brought the original sheet back too for the 30% sale price)
It cost us less than $100.00 for all of the tile.



After we finished all of the painting,  Russ and his friend installed the 
tile themselves and it turned out amazing! The tile came in sheets of 12 feet squared
and he rented a tile saw to make the cuts around the microwave and outlet sockets. 
He used thin set underneath the tiles and then a tinted cream grout. 






So, just to re-cap 
this is what our kitchen looked like a few days before we closed on the house
you have to love the "staged" furniture  and decorations


and this is our kitchen one week after we moved in!
Paint and the back splash (and appliances)
make such a huge impact! 



Have a great weekend! 








14 comments:

  1. It's looking great!! I love that tile :)

    xoo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this tile! We are still debating for our kitchen...keeping this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty tile! I really like it with the paint you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful! really dressed up your kitchen!!

    PS: I'm doing a giveaway on my blog for $20 to my etsy shop, so if you like pretty jewelry you should come enter!! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-spring-fling-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! I want to be brave enough to try a backsplash myself, thanks for some much needed motivation & inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing. I would love for you to share it on More The Merrier Monday's Link Party!!

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that tile. It looks so great. I've been thinking about using something like that in our kitchen (whenever we get to it!). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Your kitchen looks fabulous! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo... Beautiful work!.. I think you might just have inspired Furs and I to rip out our ugly 12"x12" tile backsplash to put in a pretty glass one!..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic tile! I love it! Thanks for the inspiration. We are thinking about tearing out our tile and I lust adore the tile you have! Please visit me anytime at twogingerprinces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tile is absolutely gorgeous! I've been looking at tile lately..so many options. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on this! It's similar to what I would like to do in my kitchen. I love white kitchens, but I have gorgeous hickory cabinets that I refuse to paint. So, a light tile backsplash is what I'm aiming for. Thanks for the inspiration.
    http://meadowstreetmemoirs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job! Congrats on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that tile! We used a band of a similar tile in ours along with subway. This looks great! Over from DIY Showoff.

    ReplyDelete